World Families Forums - Anderson to Phillips

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2015, 04:41:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'A'
| | |-+  Anderson (Moderator: Darlene Anderson)
| | | |-+  Anderson to Phillips
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anderson to Phillips  (Read 401 times)
babyPhillips

« on: January 04, 2015, 01:54:40 AM »

I'm the genealogist, my father let me have his DNA tested. He has matched 24 out of 25 markers with a lot of Anderson s. But no one with his last name of Phillips. With a paper trail, our earliest Phillips ancestor is Samuel Phillips b.c. 1777 and d.1840. the first record I have , is his marriage in 1811 , Ross County, Ohio to Eleanor Pepple. He possibly came from Frederick county , Maryland. But that is not proven. IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO KNOWS OF AN "ANDERSON" WHO DIED, AND A PHILLIPS ADOPTED THEIR CHILD, OR ANYTHING SIMILAR, OR ANOTHER SCENARIO ,where an Anderson, could have become a Phillips. Please let me know. possibly infidelity, and I may never know. 
DaveCindy

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 12:33:38 PM »

I haven't researched this much, but you might want to look in Hunterdon County NJ. The Andersons and Phillips were close there in the early 1700s. Probably both families migrated into western New Jersey from Long Island. Around the 1750s some Andersons moved into Old Frederick Co. VA - don't know if there were Phillips there or not. I think I've seen the Phillips name in matches to the R1B1 Lineage I group in the Anderson surname project. People were curious about it! This grouping is a big family that settled first in New Amsterdam, then the Trenton area of NJ, then spread in many directions.
Regards and good luck.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.