World Families Forums - Looking for Tyler's in central Indiana ..

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 10:18:07 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Tyler (Moderator: tylerAdmin)
| | | |-+  Looking for Tyler's in central Indiana ..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for Tyler's in central Indiana ..  (Read 1742 times)
Tyler1971

« on: July 03, 2008, 12:36:13 AM »

I have been having a time of trying to trace my Tyler line. I will post what I know and can per privacy issues etc.

If you recognize the names and or dates etc. Pleeeease let me know !!!

My gggrandfather John R. Tyler(Have no clue what the R is for)
Would estimate his date of birth being 1855 or so Indiana.
His death I am uncertain of , do not know burial information either. Do not have a clue as to who his parents/siblings are either.

John R. Tyler c. 1855 Ind

Married:
Mary L. Anthony (Have no clue what the L. is)
Estimate of d.o.b is also around 1855 Indiana.
Not sure of her parents/siblings either.

John R. Tyler and Mary L. (Anthony) Tyler marriage date unknown. But would estimate at about 1880 or so. I know my gggrandpa was born in 1884.

One of their sons:
 Charles Milton Tyler
09-1884-02-1965
Born in Kokomo , and passed away in Kokomo , Howard Co. Indiana.
Buried in Crown Point Cemetery in Kokomo.

Charles Milton Tyler married Ethel Blanche (Nunn) Hunter. She was married to a John Hunter before Charles. Nunn is her maiden name. I do not know her parents/siblings or where she was born either. So I cannot pinpoint an area for them either.

They had at least 4-5 sons between the two of them.

One being my grandpa :
Robert Eugene Tyler , Sr.
12/15/1927 Kokomo
08/26/1986 Kokomo
Married:
Ruth Joan Turley
08/24/1931-11/06/1984
Both buried at Sunset Memory Gardens , Kokomo

Charles and Ethel also had :
Ralph Edward Tyler Sr.
Albright Cemetery , Kokomo

Does anyone know of this Tyler line in and around central Indiana ? Primarily around Howard , Grant , Cass , Miami counties ???

Other surnames directly linked into Tyler are:
Turley , Richey , McCombs , Shepherd , and Newton etc. I am really stumped on my dads side of the family both sides at that. Tyler and Turley. So if any of this sounds familiar , do contact me. As it would put an end to much headache !!!

The only other bit of advice I can give about these Tyler's is this. With Charles Milton and Ethel Blanche. She has been doumented as Blanche and or Blanch a few times. And her previous husband John has been misspelled as Jhon Hunter. Other than that , that is about all that I know of. So from the Kokomo , Peru , Grant Co. Indiana  area etc.

I hope someone can match up with my names. As I would love to know where we all came from etc. And eventually be able to put a pedigree on here too...

Thank you , Stacey Tyler-Newton

Jaytyler

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »

I don't have any common relatives. However, I can at least point out a few things I've ran across. I believe I have seen your John R (Riley) Tyler 1858-1932 M. Mary L. Anthony. I Believe his father was from the East coast that's what eliminated him from my Tyler relatives living in Cass County and around Anderson and Muncie Indiana. My Tyler's arrived in Indiana around 1840. But they are not related to your line. The father of John Riley Tyler is Joseph Tyler 1815 from Conn. This is not my research just what I ran across. Hopefully this helps or eliminates. Good Luck
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.