World Families Forums - Direct Descendant John McClure

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:26:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McClure (Moderator: Dennis McClure)
| | | |-+  Direct Descendant John McClure
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Direct Descendant John McClure  (Read 1476 times)
Claire Louise Warnock

« on: January 17, 2012, 10:49:40 AM »

Hello my name is Claire Louise I am from Hillsborough Northern Ireland, I am researching my family tree, but can not find any records of who my Great, great, great Grandparents McClure :(
I have got my Great, great, Grandparents
John McClure born about: 1848 from Ballylaskin, Millisle, UK died about: 1925 married Sarah Moreland born: 26th July 1862 from Ballyeaston died about: 1963. They were married in Carrowdore Presbyterian Church on 30th January 1890 and they had 10 Children: 
John McClure-12th November 1890 from Ballylaskin, Millisle, UK died about: Dec 1973
he married Louise Bradley Agnew born: 2nd March 1891 from Ballyfortherley, Donaghadee, UK died: 18th June 1971. They were married in Helensbay Presbyterian Church on 23rd April 1919.
Mary McClure
William Sydney McClure
Grace McClure who became (Ingram)
Freddie McClure
Robert Victor McClure
Andrew McClure
Leanna McClure who became (Baird)
Elizabeth Jane McClure
and Sadie McClure

Can anyone help me?
Dennis McClure

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

Hello Claire,

I am Dennis McClure, I am the Admin who maintains the McClure DNA Project. We have a few McClure Members in our DNA Project that reside in Northern Ireland, and I think they keep track of many of lines of McClure's in Ireland, or at least may know of them. I will send a copy of your query to them and see what they may know about your line of McClure's.

Our McClure DNA project can be seen at;

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/mcclure

Regards,
Dennis McClure Co-Admin McClure DNA Project.
Dennis McClure

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 11:35:50 AM »

Hello Claire,

I have received a response from your request for help on your family tree from one of our members that resides in Northern Ireland. He is quite the geneolgist. He asked that I send you his e-mail address so the two of you can communicate directly. His name is Robert David McClure. Below is his response to me regarding your query as well as his e-mail address;

robertdmcclure@btinternet.com

Hello Dennis,

I'll have a look for the marriage certificate of John McClure and Sarah Moreland. It should show both their father's names. I believe Ballylaskin is a mistake for Ballyhaskin which is near Millisle. There was a John McClure living there in 1863 who may well turn out to be her McClure g.g.g.grandparent. If you wish to give Claire Louise my e-mail address, I can work directly with her.  Maybe even persuade a male McClure relative to have a DNA test as there has long been a line of McClures in that area of Co. Down.

Best regards,

Robert.

From the sounds of his e-mail, he may already have some info for you.

Regards,
Dennis McClure Co-Administrator McClure DNA Project
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.