World Families Forums - Have Ordered Family Finder

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 07:08:35 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Autosomal Block DNA Testing - "Family Finder" and "Relative Finder"
| | |-+  Have Ordered Family Finder
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have Ordered Family Finder  (Read 830 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« on: January 07, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »

Well, I finally ordered the Family Finder test on Wednesday, 04 January. I've wanted to order it for some time, but the holiday sale price is what finally got me.

Now I am anxiously awaiting the results. Hope they come in quickly and accurately.

I also want the mtDNA FGS, but, since I am not wealthy, I have to prioritize.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:05:41 PM by rms2 » Logged

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »

Not that anyone else cares, but I am in Batch 446, results expected by 27 February 2012.

I am looking forward to the results. I don't know much about the FF test and the intricate details of interpreting the results, but I will learn.

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »

I'm curious as to what the Population Finder result will show. We have a family legend of Amerindian ancestry on my mother's side via a female. That didn't show up in my mtDNA result (U5a2). If it has any basis in fact, maybe it will show up on Population Finder.

Otherwise, my ancestry is pretty monotonously British Isles, with one French surname (Micou) and one Dutch surname (Snedeker) in the whole bunch.

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »

Hey!

I just discovered my Family Finder results this morning, more than two weeks ahead of schedule! Awesome!

According to Population Finder, my overall autosomal breakdown is 95.37% Western European and 4.63% Middle Eastern, with a margin of error of plus or minus 1.76% for both.

The result wasn't all that surprising. I have seen the FF results for other British Isles men and men of British Isles descent, and most of them have results very similar to mine.

I have a lot to learn about Family Finder. I got a boatload of matches, but none of them closer than 2nd-4th cousin. I have already written to one of them because I see a couple of possible connections. He may be a descendant of my 3rd great grandfather through one or more female lines.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 17 queries.