World Families Forums - Thanks for the new McKee Group at World Families

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 29, 2014, 09:23:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McKee (Moderator: Linda A McKee)
| | | |-+  Thanks for the new McKee Group at World Families
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks for the new McKee Group at World Families  (Read 706 times)
Linda A McKee

« on: November 15, 2011, 09:28:42 AM »

Terry and Marilyn Barton have done a fantastic job in setting up our new McKee Group and a big thanks goes to them and to FTDNA for their partnership with Terry Barton.

Most of the McKee Group members probably recognize my name when you see it on your email and the group cluster my husband, Leon at Kit 127187, is most near to on STR markers hears from me occasionally.

This post is an invitation for all of you to post here and tell us about your family history and research  and your yDNA interests and what you would like to work on for seeing progress
with your genetic genealogy.

Leon, or Doug as you will usually see me call him, first tested at 25 markers in the summer of 2008 and even though he does not do genealogy he was excited to learn he was descended from "the King Niall of the Nine Hostages".  Who would not be?  Of course, about a gazillion other men are also descended from the old man.    We have moved on from that beginning.

It did not take me long to see that 25 markers was not going to take me where I wanted to go with research on Doug's McKee ancestors.   So, first came the upgrade to 37 and then 67 and now at 111 markers.   With each increase in markers tested my study area to learn what I could about this fascinating hobby has absorbed my attention.   There is no doubt we are pioneers in this endeavor and each marker tested by each man who tests furthers the discovery process and leads all of us closer to the discovery of our ancestry.

It is truly amazing at the quality and quantity of wonderful professional people from all over the world who volunteer and contribute information and share their lifetime of  scientific knowledge freely to everyone involved with this new adventure.  This is truly a democratic journey into the future with folks from every walk of life coming together to work in the interest of mankind.  Many people will benefit from this work in the years to come.

It is good to be a part of something so unique.

Trevor and Tom will be adding their posts to our new forum in good time and, hopefully, so will all of you.

Linda McKee, Arkansas
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.