World Families Forums - Help finding which r1b group I belong to

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 02:07:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Y-Haplogroups
| | |-+  Help finding which r1b group I belong to
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help finding which r1b group I belong to  (Read 1016 times)
joechill01

« on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »

Hello everyone, I always had an interest in finding my families history and recently been looking up any information I can and had DNA testing done by 23andme only to find out too late that 23andme uses a dated haplogroup system. I was categorized as R1b1b2a1a for my paternal side but doesn't go any farther than that.

I honestly don't think I'm U106 as the internet says I am because I have posted on Dna-forums before and was given some germanic markers which I tested negative for and was suggested I might be p312. I will provide any other additional information if needed.

I appreciate any help   
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

Hello everyone, I always had an interest in finding my families history and recently been looking up any information I can and had DNA testing done by 23andme only to find out too late that 23andme uses a dated haplogroup system. I was categorized as R1b1b2a1a for my paternal side but doesn't go any farther than that.

I honestly don't think I'm U106 as the internet says I am because I have posted on Dna-forums before and was given some germanic markers which I tested negative for and was suggested I might be p312. I will provide any other additional information if needed.

I appreciate any help   

If 23andMe tested you and says you are U106+, then you probably are U106+, unless there was some sort of lab error.

Have you tested with FTDNA to get some STR markers yet?

joechill01

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »

No I haven't
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 18 queries.