World Families Forums - The First L21+ L459-?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 03:36:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  The First L21+ L459-?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The First L21+ L459-?  (Read 2704 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 11:56:45 AM »

I wonder if our Bonham is related to John Bonham, whom I saw live with his famous band at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco in June of 1973. Great show.

Kezar Stadium!!! I'm a native San Franciscan and I loved Kezar Stadium!! We talk about it all the time on our Facebook "Sunset District People" group. It been almost completely torn down now, they saved the east and west entrances I think. I can't even look when I drive by...

I used to take the bus to 49er games when I was a kid and our High School football games were held there. In "The City" we called it the world's largest outdoor bar. There was some big hippie concert there on a Saturday and for some reason Willie Mays was there... when they anounced him the full crowd of drunk, drugged up people (myself included) stood and cheered for at least five minutes.... it was great!

Park Station, Park Emergency, Stanyan St., The Haight, Poly High School, UC on the hill...  Kezar Stadium lives in the heart of native San Franciscans.

Thanks for the memories...

I grew up mostly down in the San Jose area but went up to SF from time to time for this or that. Wild place, as busy at 3AM as at 3PM.

Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 11:57:21 AM »

... when they anounced him the full crowd of drunk, drugged up people (myself included) stood and cheered for at least five minutes....
Your Y is certainly Irish.

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »

You all may find this hard to believe, but when I went to that Led Zeppelin concert at Kezar in June of 1973, I was and remained absolutely sober, despite the fact that other concert-goers attempted to pass me various drugs.

I was just 17 years old. I didn't use drugs. I just liked rock music. Had they passed me some beer, I probably would have accepted it, but no drugs.

There might have been something of a contact high involved, however. There was a vast cloud of smoke floating around, and that sweet, cloying smell was everywhere. I remember seeing some hippies smoking weed in a large, hollowed-out summer sausage that they had turned into a pipe, and, of course, hand-rolled joints were ubiquitous. Much harder drugs were in evidence, as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:11:47 PM by rms2 » Logged

eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »

You all may find this hard to believe, but when I went to that Led Zeppelin concert at Kezar in June of 1973, I was and remained absolutely sober, despite the fact that other concert-goers attempted to pass me various drugs.

I was just 17 years old. I didn't use drugs. I just liked rock music. Had they passed me some beer, I probably would have accepted it, but no drugs.

There might have been something of a contact high involved, however. There was vast cloud of  smoke floating around, and that sweet, cloying smell was everywhere. I remember seeing some hippies smoking weed in a large, hollowed-out summer sausage that they had turned into a pipe, and, of course, hand-rolled joints were ubiquitous. Much harder drugs were in evidence, as well.
Yea, I was mostly just a drinker (malt liquor and whiskey), but I'd probably tried everything by 18 years old. I came from the Sunset Dustrict out by the Zoo and the beach in the fog. We were largely first generation Irish and our fathers were mostly cops and firemen who hated the hippies! My Dad worked in a grocery store about a 1/4 mile from The Haight. As kids we went to The Haight mostly in the hopes that some hippie chick would take off her top  :)

San Jose had perfect weather! You were lucky!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:45:13 PM by eochaidh » Logged

Y-DNA: R1b DF23
mtDNA: T2g
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »

The Bonhams on ySearch are 11.
2 are E1b1b1 (DG7EE and EYU9J).
7UR4E is R-U106.
The others are all linked and R-L21+/L459- (7ZSCE, FWZR5, JJCZG, JYVX5, M2J8N, MY4RN, NSWM4, XBWVZ).
Then of these Bonhams: 1 is R-U106 and the other is R-L21+/L459-
I think it cannot be excluded they are both Normans.

Maliclavelli

Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »

It seems that these R-L459- haven't a characterized cluster for being at the origin of this haplogroup. Certainly those Italians like Argiedude or Soncina, if he belongs to this haplogroup with his DYS450=10, seem to have more variance. But I am the theorist of the mutations around the modal and this fact may demonstrate nothing.
The characteristics of this haplotype are only DYS439=11 and DYS447=24: very few for being a very ancient haplotype.
Of course this demonstrates that the Bonham/Bonhan haplotype is recent and due to a single man and it could have had these mutations around the modal. It would be interesting to test Argiedude and Soncina (if he belongs to this haplogroup) for L459. If they was L459- everything would be clear.
I'm not really following the concept of a very ancient versus recent haplotype other than if this modern man's STR signature is substantially different from others, then his lineage may broken off a long time ago and the variations between his lineage the primary large lineages went extinct.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:04:19 PM by Mikewww » Logged

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>L705.2
seferhabahir
Old Hand

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 02:12:55 PM »

Kezar Stadium!!! ...

Park Station, Park Emergency, Stanyan St., The Haight, Poly High School, UC on the hill...  Kezar Stadium lives in the heart of native San Franciscans.

And don't forget Mt Zion Hospital, the place of this R-L21's birth...

Y-DNA: R-L21 (Z251+ L583+)

mtDNA: J1c7a

eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »

Kezar Stadium!!! ...

And don't forget Mt Zion Hospital, the place of this R-L21's birth...
Wow! It's San Francisco Day! We laugh on the Sunset District page about how there are no "real" natives anymore. Mt. Zion Hospital counts as a "real" native! I was born at Mary's Help when it was on Guerrero St. It was torn down about 1959 and now exists as Seton Hospital near Serramonte.

I'd bet most of the guys I grew up with in the Sunset District are L21+ like me. Most of the families were from Cork and Kerry, but we had some Galway, Roscommon, Mayo, Dublin and Wexford (me) as well...

Y-DNA: R1b DF23
mtDNA: T2g
cmblandford

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »

I remember riding my Vespa across the Bay bridge in 1960 from Berzerkly to visit my girl friend who lived in the Presidio.  She was definitly a Viking; tall, blond and beautiful.  I think she dumped me for some bombed out hippie.

Y-DNA:  R-DF13*

Surname Project:  Blandford

Kit:  ft115893   Ysearch:  EYSPZ

Earliest Known Ancestor:  Thomas Blanford; Dorset, England; born 1648

Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »

The name Bonham sounds like it could have a French derivation, 'The good man' ? but it had a hotspot in the 1881 census in central England around Alyesbury.
Why Bonham (M2J8N) would be a French? He matches closely Morley (MEH5G) and French, like their President, have of French pretty always neither the surname nor the Y.
If R-L21+/L459- is the most ancient of this haplogroup, don’t search in France.
Bonham is using the blogger handle "de Bonham" so I asked if he thought his surname origin was French or Spanish. He replied that he and his 66/67 match Bonham are both with MDKA's blocked in the US, one in Massachusetts and the other in New Jersey, both in the 1600's.
Here is the response from L21+ L459- Bonham. I don't argue for or against it, but here it is.
Quote from: Bonham
I can only confirm my lineage back to Nicholas Bonham(bc 1631 and Lived in Massachusetts and New Jersey). He may be the son of George Bonham, from England who settled in Massachusetts, but this has never been proved. I have a well sourced Bonham family tree, which dates back to William de Bonham(bc 1212) who lived in Somerset England. There was an error in the borders, and now this part of England is now part of Wiltshire. I believe my Bonham family line descends from these Bonhams of Wiltshire/Somerset England, but I have not been able to prove it yet. There are earlier Bonhams, in the same area, dating back into the mid 12th century but because of lack of records haven't been placed into the family tree. The surname Bonham appears to have originated in England, but I believe the paternal line is originally from Normandy and are connected to other Norman/English families.

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>L705.2
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 06:11:26 PM »

Mike, I think that these news are reliable ("The surname Bonham appears to have originated in England, but I believe the paternal line is originally from Normandy and are connected to other Norman/English families"), but my observations are always valid: was his Norman ancestor a "French" or a Scandinavian?
I think, for what I have said, and also watching to the Rich's map, that a Scandinavian origin cannot be excluded, also for the presence of this haplogroup in East Europe and in the same Russia, and the only Italians are, apart Argiedude and possibly Soncina, or French or Sicilians, where a Norman presence, even though at a very low percentage, cannot be excluded.

Maliclavelli

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »

San Jose had perfect weather! You were lucky!

It was nice. Chula Vista (near San Diego) was even better. We lived there when my dad was stationed at North Island (he was career Navy).

But I like four seasons. I was born just east of the Mississippi, in Memphis, and lived there and in Maryland until I was 8 years old. I always felt like an outsider in California. That may seem odd, but it's true. I grew up there, but I never felt like I really belonged. Of course, being a military brat, I never felt like I belonged anywhere.

By the way, my first job was picking apricots in Milpitas. ;-)

deBonham

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:36 AM »

There is a place near Stourhead, England in Wiltshire that is called Bonham, this piece of property was owned by the Bonhams for many years.  The early Bonhams did use the french preposition "de" I'm guessing as a feudal way showing that they were of Bonham or owned it.  I have stumbled across a Hugh de Kevelioc who according to some websites I found was also known as Hugh de Bonham.  He was the 5th Earl of Chester.  His daughter Mabel of Chester, married William d'Aubigny who is from the d'Aubigny family which William de Bonham(bc 1212 descends from through his mother Juliana d'Aubigny.
I believe I descend from William de Bonham, through his Wiltshire descendants, especially the Nicholas Bonham branch but I can't prove it yet.  As for Hugh de Kevelioc or de Bonham I'm not really sure if he ties in with the family or not.  It makes me wonder if it was during this time that the Bonham surname was still not fully a surname and at it's beginning.
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »

As Mike reported on another thread, it turns out a re-test has revealed that Bonham is actually L21-, sad to say. So L459 still seems to be roughly equivalent to L21.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 18 queries.