World Families Forums - Non-Tate results

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 05:49:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Tate (Moderator: TateAdmin)
| | | |-+  Non-Tate results
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Non-Tate results  (Read 416 times)
TateAdmin

« on: October 04, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »

When people join this group and submit their Y-DNA results for inclusion in our database, we would like to know the name and approximate birth and death dates and locations, if known, of your oldest known direct male line Tate (or similar surname) ancestor. For instance, I trace my own surname back through my father, his father, etc., to my 5x great-grandfather Samuel Tate 1731 Ulster - 1812 Grainger County TN.

Such information provides other members a reference for comparing their results to yours and perhaps making a connection with a distant cousin and, hopefully, extending our personal research back one or more additional generations.

Unfortunately, we have gotten to the point that several people have not provided any ancestral information at all, not even their own name or that of their father or grandfather. One person has submitted their results with only the surname Tate; no given name was provided. Two people have submitted their results even though the surname they submitted is not Tate, Tait, Teate or anything similar, such as Looney, Allen, and Carlton.

This is creating a problem for those of us who are interested in knowing more about our Tate/Tait/Teate origins and connect with others from the same line. Plus, it makes it very difficult for the administrators as we examine the Y-DNA results and try to create subgroups based on the Y-DNA results in a way to help you learn more about your Tate ancestry.

We are considering adopting new project guidelines regarding membership and are requesting that anyone who has not submitted information about your oldest known direct male line Tate (or similar surname) ancestor to do so now.

Les Tate
Project Administrator
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 19 queries.