World Families Forums - Benjamin and Robert Ha/errington, sons of John and Ann Clinton--not!?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 04:37:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Harrington (Moderator: Charles Harrington)
| | | |-+  Benjamin and Robert Ha/errington, sons of John and Ann Clinton--not!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Benjamin and Robert Ha/errington, sons of John and Ann Clinton--not!?  (Read 705 times)
icsssh

« on: September 29, 2011, 01:09:34 PM »

In looking at the Harrington project results page (and I'm just starting to understand all of this, so tell me if I'm wrong) it seems quite clear that Benjamin (b. abt. 1618--lineage VI) and Robert (b. abt. 1616--lineage VII) Harrington, both of whom lived in MA, definitely are not related, correct?  While this has always been suspected, there has also been a camp that believed they were brothers, perpetuated by the Harrington Family Genealogical Gazetteer.   If I am right, what a great testimony to the value of DNA in genealogical research.   In the absence of proof, which was never found, people were left to decide for themselves whether these two were related.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.