World Families Forums - Just signed on. Greetings to All. CLARKE DELANEY CAMPBELL SCHUTZ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 06:50:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Just signed on. Greetings to All. CLARKE DELANEY CAMPBELL SCHUTZ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just signed on. Greetings to All. CLARKE DELANEY CAMPBELL SCHUTZ  (Read 1285 times)
colinclarke1945

« on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »

Hello:

Just 'signed up' after having browsed for a few days.  Wanted to say hello, and commend the excellent forums here at WFN which contain some great information for a DNA newbie like me.  I've been at paper research since pre-internet days, so although I know my way around the paper trail, I'm stumbling somewhat blindly ahead since getting my DNA tested.  I've read a lot, so I know the limitations as well as the benefits for 'genetealogy'.  

I have an NPE at paternal G GF level c1831 in UK so it is somewhat random to join surname projects (although I must add that Terry Barton has seen fit to add me and a few others to a new Lineage XX which is exciting.)

My maternal line is a little clearer (yes, I had a mother :-) ) and I can get back into the 1700s in southern Germany with the maternal pedigree before the brick walls start to pop up.

I tested at FTDNA and am still thinking about Family Finder.  At the request of a project admin, I'm waiting on the result for a Z49 SNP.

So, it's nice to be here at this forum.   All help, tips and advice accepted happily (and it goes without saying, a printed history of my family back to the dawn of time would be always well received.)

Cheers,

Colin

Y-DNA: R1b1a2a1a1b3c  R-L2  CLARKE CLARK  (UK c1831)
mtDNA:  U3b (FGS)               BRÜHL (Breull, Bruehl, Brill)  (Germany  c1770)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:43:28 AM by colinclarke1945 » Logged

Colin Clarke

Y-DNA:   R1b1a2a1a1b3c  L2+   (UK - Cambridgeshire)  
mtDNA:  U3b  (Germany)

Y-Search: UJJRA
Mitosearch: UJJRA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 17 queries.