The order form is in two parts that you can think of as pages.
- Ordering for yourself
- Put your name as the person being tested. This is also the name that will be on the Certificate.
- Fill out the 2-page form, being sure to include your email address
- Choose to either pay now, or have an invoice sent to you
- Ordering for another person
- If you want the kit sent directly to the person being tested, list their address.
- If you want the kit sent to you, list their name and then put c/o (your name) in the first address box and your regular mailing address, beginning with the second address box.)
- Put your email address in the first position, as this is how you will know what is happening. (Be sure the person you sponsor includes your email address if they place the order)
- You can list the person your sponsor's email address as the additional address
- If you have someone who is terribly concerned about their privacy, you can list your own name in the order or you can list the name of their earliest ancestor. (When the kit isn’t in the tester's name or address, they aren’t associated with the sample other than through your knowledge.)
- If you want the kit sent to the person being tested, but the certificate sent to you, use this two step method:
- Set up the order with their name and mailing address
- After the sample is returned and you are given the password to access their personal page at FTDNA, leave their name, but change the mailing address to c/o you and your address.
- You choose to pay by credit card or invoice.
- If you pay by credit card - fill out the info - and you're all done.
- If you want to pay by check, you list your address in the second page so they can send you the invoice.